You will be joining Our Client’s engineering team to drive product design and development across various teams on a new product that is in the early R&D phase. In this role, you will provide a system-level viewpoint for a product, and will participate in all the phases of building a media delivery product (from scope to launch).
You will be part of a team that will toil but ultimately succeed in overcoming the numerous known and unknown challenges with delivering ever-increasing volume of high-definition video content reaching an ever-expanding live audience.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Internet technologies, an ability to coherently translate customer needs into Engineering solutions, a propensity to communicate across product stakeholders, and a willingness to dive deep into system components.
Our team is executing on a vision that will transform our business unit in the foreseeable future so you have the opportunity to make the Internet faster.
About the Team:
Close knit, jovial, knowledgeable, and friendly. We value what you know and how you can help the team. Our goal is to have the right culture at the office so people are motivated, enjoy the many technical challenges, and grow professionally with the team and company.
• Be the engineering champion for new product needs. • Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes Engineering, Product Management, Professional Services and Customer Care. • Author design documents that transform MRDs/PRDs to high-level engineering designs. • Work with engineering teams to identify system dependencies and coordinate implementations according to schedule. • Understand and incorporate other Our Client’s technologies as needed. • Facilitate communications among Product Management, Engineering, Customer Care, and SQA. • Provide end-to-end guidance including billing, reporting, provisioning, configuring, documenting, and testing each product. • Keep abreast with the latest Media industry trends and technologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in CS or a related field or equivalent experience. • 12+ years of experience in designing large scale distributed system. • 7+ years of experience in CDN or streaming industry. • 5+ years of software development using C++, C#, or other OOP languages. • 5+ years of experience developing software on top of HTTP.
• Fluent in C++. • Development experience in Adaptive Bit-Rate streaming. • Familiar with and ideally have worked on HLS, DASH, HDS, and RTMP. • Familiar with protocols such as TCP, UDP, Multicast, IPv4, and IPv6. • Development experience with HTTP caching and proxy servers. • Has experience in systems programming (ideally under Linux).
Our Client is looking for a hands on Product Architect, to drive product design and development across various teams, for Media and CDN Engineering. In this role, you will provide a system-level viewpoint for a product, and will participate in all the phases of building a media delivery product (from scope to launch).
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Internet technologies, an ability to coherently translate customer needs into Engineering solutions, a propensity to communicate across product stakeholders, and a willingness to dive deep into system components.
This role provides an opportunity to define some very exciting products spanning across multiple technologies, and consumed by millions of end users.
About the Team:
The candidate will be part of the highly skilled Media and CDN engineering team that's responsible for the software that runs Our Client's world-wide network, one of the largest distributed systems in the world. Our software is a combination of many different technologies. It is a web server, a web client, a distributed caching engine, and much more. It provides a scalable, fault tolerant solution to web sites for handling their traffic, does HTTP HD streaming, determines the fastest route from point A to point B, hops around bottlenecks on the Internet, provides security, and provides a wide array of reporting abilities for our Network Operations Command Center and our customers.
By leveraging our global deployment of 100,000+ servers in 1,000+ networks, Our Client can uniquely solve problems and exceed fundamental limitations of traditional networking.
• Be the engineering champion for new Product needs. • Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes Engineering, Product Management, Professional Services and Customer Care to produce product definition. • Author design documents that transform MRDs/PRDs to high-level Engineering designs. • Work with engineering teams to identify system dependencies and coordinate implementations under strict product release schedules. • Understand and incorporate other Our Client technologies to provide a scalable, stable, secure product. • Facilitate communications between Product Management, Engineering, Customer Care, and SQA. • Provide end-to-end guidance on a product, including billing, reporting, provisioning, configuring, documentation, and testing. • Keep abreast with the latest Media industry trends and technologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field. • 12+ years of industry experience. • 7+ years of software development using C++ or Java. • 5+ years of HTTP programming.
Duties & Responsibilities: Managing technical requirements relating to the sales process. This includes:
* Designing DNF technical solutions to meet customer storage needs * Working closely with sales teams to determine the best configurations of the best products for the opportunity * Technical solutions-oriented proposal writing * Presenting product features/benefits to a customer audience of varying technical literacy * Initial installation of storage solutions at customer sites * Initial phase customer handholding and telephone support * Ongoing professional services for established customer base
* 3+ years of solid client-server computing experience * 2+ years of system administration on various RISC UNIX platforms, plus some exposure to NT administration * Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills * Excellent organizational and time-management skills * Very little - but some travel
* BS in an engineering discipline * Veritas and/or Legato software experience a plus * Coding experience, particularly Perl would be helpful * Linux experience a plus
Duties & Responsibilities: Contributing to the sales process by doing what it takes to close the sale from a technical point of view. This includes:
* Assisting the customer by designing DNF technical solutions to his storage needs. * Working closely with Sales Teams to determine the best configurations of the best products for the opportunity. * Technical solutions-oriented proposal writing. * Presenting product features/benefits to a customer audience of varying technical literacy. * Initial installation of storage solutions at customer sites. * Initial phase customer hand-holding and telephone support. * Industry product evangelizing through trade show product demonstration and technical paper presentations.
* 2-4 years of solid experience in the client-server computing industry * 2+ years of system administration on various RISC UNIX, and NT platforms. * Excellent interpersonal skills and outgoing demeanor allowing the candidate to camouflage his/her Technical Guru status when need be. * Experience gained in the sales side of a vendor environment would help the candidate to relate to an aggressive, goal-oriented sales force on their own terms. * Willingness to travel 30 – 40 % of the time * Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
* BS in an engineering discipline * Legato Software Experience a plus
Under supervision of a Project Manager, incumbents perform general technical support functions, including physical installation, assembly, configuration and maintenance of the personal computer network.
Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware; pulls cables and rewires or directs the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
* A minimum of one year experience in the Information Technology field with either an in depth knowledge of one specific area of technology (e.g., Client Server, mainframe, telecommunications, data center operations, etc.) or a broad knowledge of multiple technologies and platforms. * Technical proficiency in desktop computing. * Aptitude for, and interest in, learning new technologies. * Responds quickly and resolves problems related to technology usage. * Communicates clearly. * Establishes credibility quickly by following up and taking initiative. * Defines problems quickly and resolves majority of issues within specified timeframe. * Identifies and takes initiative to implement improvement opportunities. * Possesses insatiable appetite for learning, continuously pursues new learning that add value to the team’s knowledge base.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to completion of two years of college-level coursework in computer science, information technology or a related field and two years of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Valid California class C driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
Are you aggressive, outgoing, quick-minded, and excited by technology? DNF Corporation is growing rapidly, and we are looking for dynamic insider sales professionals to handle lead generation and sales support for our growing sales team. This is an exciting opportunity at an innovative storage company.
• Support sales team with such activities as order processing, quote generation, collecting purchase orders, related order paperwork and following up with customers. • Responsible for lead generation and prospecting warm prospects for sales team. • Create, maintain, and execute a successful territory sales plan through prospecting, proposals, presentations, trade shows, and demonstrations. • Analyze end-user needs, short-term and long-term corporate initiatives. • Initiate and control sales processes with new clients. • Project a positive presence in negotiations to maximize revenues and profits. • Use consultative sales techniques with both in-person and internet sales opportunities. • Assist in marketing communications and projects. • Close and multi-task sales opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology or other related degrees • 1-2 years of professional experience • Sales support experience • Can-do attitude, enthusiasm, outgoing and aggressive personality • Strong research skills and familiarity with online tools • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Drive and ambition to improve company revenues and take us to the next level • Passion for technology • Computer and Internet literate with knowledge of MS Office Suite, CRM applications, etc.
To apply for this position, submit your resume and cover letter to Sales@DNFcorp.com. You can also call us at phone 510-265-1122 ext 201
* Ensure consistency of messages in all marketing communications vehicles. * Write and edit copy for brochures, data sheets, trade show directories, direct mail, customer case studies, and publication articles. * Help edit technical documents such as white papers and user manuals. * Manage customer advisory group. * Handle PR and social media projects, such as blogging, twittering, and optimizing media coverage. * Assist on other marketing projects as needed.
* Bachelors degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related. * Must have 1 year or more of marketing communications experience in high technology. * Aptitude for technology; and excellent writing skills in various styles as appropriate for the medium. * Computer and Internet literate with working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Adobe CS, and HTML/CSS. * Agency experience a plus.
* Develop new business leads through telemarketing, tradeshows, in-bound and out-bound calls, WEB and advertisements. * Manage and train new and current sales associates. * Responsible for reporting month status to management. * Develop tracking system for lead generation.
* Identify and develop sales opportunities within the assigned territory * Develop, implement and maintain account plans within territory to meet goals. * Sell products that meet our customer's needs. * Function as primary point of contact for territory potential accounts and being responsible for successful conclusion of all issues. * Provide accurate forecast.
* Minimum of 3 years sales experience in high-tech sales environment. * Background in storage solutions sales to financial or telecom market desirable. * Or background of non-storage solutions in the technology arena, such as hardware or software.
* Identify and develop sales opportunities within the assigned territory * Develop, implement and maintain account plans within territory to meet goals. * Sell products that meet our customer’s needs. * Function as primary point of contact for territory potential accounts and being responsible for successful conclusion of all issues. * Provide accurate forecast.
* Minimum of 5 years sales experience in high-tech sales environment. * Some sales management or sales leadership experience desired. * Background in storage solutions sales to financial or telecom market desirable. * Or background of non-storage solutions in the technology arena, such as hardware or software.
Are you aggressive, outgoing, quick-minded, and excited by technology? Our company is growing rapidly, and we are looking for dynamic insider sales assistants to handle lead generation and sales support for our growing sales team. As you become more familiar with our storage technologies, you will move into Storage Solutions Sales, Enterprise Account Management, or Channel Sales. This is an exciting opportunity at an innovative storage company.
About the job:
* Objective 1: Lead Generation and Prospecting. We are looking for you to create warm prospects for our sales team into long term accounts. You'll be contacting organizations of all sizes and find out about their IT infrastructure, current storage deployments and future needs. Once you find someone who is interesting, you will work with our Sales managers to close the business. You will gain skills in prospecting, expanding customer relationships, and account management. In order to succeed here, you need to be enthusiastic and excited about picking up the phone, and not be afraid of cold calling.
* Objective 2: Sales Support and Account Management. You will also work with our Sales Representatives for order processing and customer satisfaction surveys. You will be responsible for generating quotes, collecting purchase orders, related order paperwork and following up with customers after they have placed an order to provide status. Once the sale is completed you will also ensure they are satisfied with our products and services. You will be the primary point of contact for customers regarding their pending purchase orders and play a critical role in the development of our reference and customer advisory committee programs. You will work with our marketing team to come up with an incentive and reward programs for our loyal customers.
* Miscellaneous projects. We are growing and offer many opportunities in our sales and marketing organizations. You will also have the opportunity to create sales tools, marketing collateral and work on other projects that our tailored towards your interests and skills.
* AA, BA or BS degree in business, marketing, technology or other related degrees * Can-do attitude, enthusiasm, outgoing and aggressive personality * Excellent people skills * Customer driven personality * Strong research skills and familiarity with online tools * Excellent written and verbal communication skills * Drive and ambition to improve company revenues and take us to the next level * Passion for technology * Familiarity with computer components and technologies is a big plus
We are seeking a career-minded individual who is willing to aspire to a high and consistent level of performance in outbound lead generation, then apply this knowledge in the recruiting, training, monitoring and support for a team of 10-20 agents within the next year.
A successful candidate for this position should have the following qualifications:
* Exceptional English language speaking, reading, writing and comprehension * Prevalent auditory dominant, i.e., speaks distinctly and at medium pace, like a radio announcer * Excellent listener and able to mirror the other person on the phone * Articulate with incredible attention to detail * Positive, upbeat personality * College level education * Experienced in high technology environments * Preferably experienced in telemarketing or telephone customer service * Self-motivated * Able to motivate others * Willing to learn all required skills with hands-on expertise, then train other personnel * Sorts by others, i.e., sees issues by how they affect others rather than self * Patient and flexible, able to integrate new information quickly and doesn’t mind interruptions * Able to multi-task with phone, personnel, administrative and technical functions * Comfortable and experienced dealing with corporate decision-makers * Strong computer skills and ability to learn new applications quickly and independently * Potential for providing feedback for improvement of techniques, processes and training * Ambitious and willing to make a personal investment of time and commitment above and beyond the execution of the initial job * Willing to help us be successful in developing a new process and understands the value of that commitment
A dynamic, rapidly-growing, reputable leader in security and data storage solutions seeks a self-motivated, proven producer for a key position on our team. The successful candidate will have a history of two (2) plus years in building new client relationships, maintaining excellent customer service, and surpassing quotas. Extensive experience in business to business corporation sales for physical security (i.e.) CCTV / Card Access and knowledge of the IT Networks are required. The Company’s rapid growth is fueled by exciting, cutting edge IT network security technology. Compensation structure includes a base salary and a liberal commission structure.
* Create, maintain, and execute a successful territory sales plan through prospecting, proposals, presentations, trade shows, and demonstrations. * Analyze end-user needs, short-term and long-term corporate initiatives. * Initiate and control sales processes with new clients. * Project a positive presence in negotiations to maximize revenues and profits. * Use consultative sales techniques with both in-person and internet sales opportunities. * Close and multi-task sales opportunities.
* Two (2) years of successful business to business sales preferably to large corporations. * Bachelor's degree in business administration or related area; marketing degree highly preferred. * Proven knowledge and experience in the local IT market, security industry experience desired. * Verifiable ability to exceed targeted goals and work independently. * Proven initiative and ability to generate own leads as well as excellent follow up on company furnished leads. * Demonstrated ability to learn and exhibit in-depth knowledge of company’s products and services. * Organized, detail and process oriented, and a team player
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Services, the Professional Services Director will be responsible for building, growing and managing DNF Professional Services organization.
The successful candidate will:
* Manage customer satisfaction and be the customer advocate in the geography * Manage the reference-ability of clients in the territory * Manage the profit and loss of the territory PS business * Resource the technical team with direct staff and partners * Manage utilization and realization of resources * Oversee the development of effective Statements Of Work with customers in partnership with sales * Ensure successful delivery of customer engagements to time & budget * Develop comprehensive plans to manage ahead and to keep pace with the rapid growth of DNFservices business * Contribute to the building of processes, methodologies, best practices as well as other programs * Work closely with DNF - sales team on strategy and pipeline development * Work closely with DNF product management and engineering teams as required to ensure the consistent delivery of high quality services and products * Work closely with DNF marketing team as required on demand creation and go-to-market strategies and plans * Manage the storage engineering projects within the guidelines of corporate Services and policies
Professional & Personal Qualifications:
* Requires minimum 5-8 years relevant industry experience (Storage, NAS, SAN, iSCSI) * A proven track record (5+ years) building and leading successful professional services teams in start-up as well as enterprise environments * A proven track record (5+ years) of running a successful P&L around Professional Services across the states * Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills * Strong customer-facing, communication and presentation skills * Ability to hire and manage a team in a fast-paced, high-growth environment * Ability to manage multiple priorities a must in this fast paced environment * Proven ability to team cross-functionally and drive Corporate business plan in the field * 70%+ travel required * B.S. Degree, MBA a plus
Dynamic Network Factory a high end storage manufacturing company has openings for a tech support/ system and storage administration. You will provide technical support to customers who are working to implement new storage solutions / Server and solve other storage network related issues including test and repair storage devices such as SAN, NAS and DAS at our headquarter facility in Hayward.
* Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail * Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting * Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems * Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledgebase *
* Experience with File System Architecture (FAT, EXT2/3, UFS) * Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems including (Windows 2000, 2003, XP / Linux, Unix Solaris or FreeBSD) * Good understanding of Server PC Architecture * Good working knowledge of Networking * Experience working within an Enterprise IT Support environment * Experience trouble-shooting / administrating SAN environments (Fiber Channel or iSCSI) * Excellent understanding of Network Attached Storage (NAS) * Good working knowledge of NAS protocols (CIFS, SMB, NFS) * Understanding of Storage Hardware Architecture (Partitioning / RAID) * Experience configuring SAN Storage Arrays * Experience with Microsoft Cluster Services (MSCS) * Working knowledge of backup software (EMC Networker, Veritas Net Backup, Tivoli Storage Manager, Backup Exec)
Working knowledge of backup hardware:
* Tape and Disk * Excellent interpersonal skills * Strong in spoken and written English * B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
Highly Preferred Skills:
* Experience with data recovery
This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel. That interaction requires good communication skills and customer service skills. Effectiveness in this role also requires functional knowledge of computer related products and components as well as assembly and test procedures. The job encounters recurring work situations of a non-routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules. This position requires some travel to customer sites and working after hours and weekends.
Seeking "hands-on" IT manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the IT department and, in conjunction with a Systems Administrator, is responsible for the installation, administration and maintenance of the LAN/WAN network. The IT manager is responsible for Enterprise wide computer and network hardware, develops and executes a technology plan, manages an IT staff of 4, performs financial management of the IT budget and implements and facilitates the strategic direction of organizational policies for IT.
Management and Strategic Responsibilities:
* Evaluate current network infrastructure and make recommendations for improvement * Monitor system performance and perform server system maintenance tasks * Create, maintain, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions * Analyze business needs presented by the user community and recommend technical solutions * Maintain vendor contracts and manage service level agreements * Oversee development of company-wide storage solution and virtualization * Develop IT business plan and corresponding budget that support both the long-term and the short-term objectives of the agency * Develop and maintain company wide backup and disaster recovery plan * Responsible for IT inventory management * Incorporate the organization's strategic objectives and long-term organizational goals into a comprehensive, 5-year IT strategic plan * Implement and monitor information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance
* Network analysis and design, systems analysis and design, system administration, system improvements and troubleshooting Windows/ Linux , Share point, and company wide CRM and ERP * Monitor system performance and perform server system maintenance tasks such as applying patches and upgrades, purging files, running utility programs, ensuring accurate and timely data backups etc. * Manage logins and passwords for all systems and applications * Assist with the installation and configuration of servers, operating systems routers, switches, firewalls * Recommend, schedule and perform repairs to maintain network integrity * Test hardware and software compatibility * Administer network security
Supervision of staff:
* Day-to-day supervision of (4) IT staff members * Maintain project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules, budgets and ensure user/management involvement at appropriate milestones * Work with direct reports to direct and prioritize the work load of staff
* Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible information systems experience * Experience with Windows – Linux ; Veritas Backup Exec, Symantec, SQL Server 2000, and MS Access * Experience with networking and network administration, including cabling, routers, TCP/IP, VPN, DSL and data security * Proven leadership and hands-on experience managing and directly supervising technical staff * Outstanding communication skills, analytic and problem solving abilities * Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and priorities * Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and clients and to communicate highly technical information to non-technical end users * Empowerment management style to encourage employee skills growth and retention * Professional attitude and demeanor * Strong communication skills and ability to follow tasks through to completion * Experience working with and among people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
NOTE: We do not accept solicitations or process applications/resumes submitted by Job Recruiters, Employment Agencies, or their affiliates. Every applicant must apply direct, or they will not be considered!
Input an estimate of the amount of storage you will need. Your available storage capacity will decrease depending on the RAID level you choose. Do not include hot spares in your raw storage calculation.
Input the amount of data you currently have in use. This will be used to generate an estimate on the number of disks you will need for this amount of available storage, after accounting for the RAID level.